A young trans girl, alone in the streets, beaten and thrown out of her home by her father.
This could have ended badly, but it did not, thanks to an officer who had attended a training on LGBTIQ issues led by OutRight. The officer told us afterwards she felt equipped to handle the situation and got a restraining order against the father. Now the trans teenager is safe and lives with her accepting grand parents.
This all happened in Quezon City, in the Philippines, where OutRight’s colleague Ging has trained hundreds of police and local officers. Every day, LGBTIQ people’s human rights and dignity are abused around the world in ways that shock the conscience.
After 27 years of fighting for LGBTIQ global equality, OutRight is prepared to put People First during a time when LGBTIQ rights are not treated as human rights by US leadership - and global leaders feel emboldened to strike out and scapegoat lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex people. OutRight is prepared to prioritize the human rights of LGBTIQ people everywhere!
We're so excited! We're still hoping to reach our goal of 200 donations. Please help us get there.
Thanks to two generous donors every donation on Give OUT Day will be matched up to $20,000!
We've set a goal of $20,000 and any amount, big or small, will help propel People First. Remember, all donations will be matched! Will you join us?
Our community continues to endure heartbreaking injustices. But each donation chips away at ignorance, helping to remove obstacles every step of the way.
Consider How your Donation Advances LGBTIQ Rights:
- $50 enables security training to advocates in hostile environments like Guyana, Turkey, Guatemala, or Tunisia
- $200 arranges LGBTIQ sensitivity training to law-enforcement in places like the Philippines
- $400 ensures emergency assistance to refugees from Iraq, Iran, Syria, and the Gambia
- $1000 sends activists from the Middle East or Africa to LGBTIQ human rights documentation and advocacy training
- $1500 brings activists to the United Nations to testify against government abuses
- $3000 funds a scholarship for an Iranian LGBTIQ activist to advance LGBTIQ rights and community capacity resulting in work like the ground-breaking, queer graphic novel Yousef and Farhad
Without your support, we lack the groundswell of pressure necessary to stop the attacks against dignity, freedom and basic human rights.
Now is the Time to Give OUT:
ALL donations are tax-deductible!
Help us fundraise and put People First by linking to OutRight's Give OUT Day platform
Share our social media content using the hashtags
OutRight tirelessly works to empower LGBTIQ people on the front lines by holding leaders accountable. Through your support, we can make a meaningful impact as evidenced by the positive change of people’s lives.